Want to increase the size of your buttocks at home? Then, you should practice these bigger butt workouts to build glutes muscle.
These gluteus muscles are actually responsible for the buttocks growth.
The biggest advantage of building bigger buttocks with exercise is that you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on the expensive butt lift surgery and have to worry about the after effects.
Just dedicate a small room in your house, get the basic Gym equipment like the dumbbells, swiss ball, kettlebell (optional) and boom, you’ve got your own home gym.
If you’ve got enough time and money, then you may get a Gym membership, but it is completely optional and up to you.
Note: The only downside of increasing buttocks through exercise is that you won’t see the results immediately. Remember that it is not a quick-fix solution and you’ll need to follow this routine at least for 45 to 60 days to make your bum bigger and rounder.
Of-course, you can speed up the results by complementing your butt lift exercises with the below step-by-step approach.
- Change your diet completely. Include these foods to get bigger butt naturally.
- Use either a booty cream or the butt enlargement pills (your choice; but I personally prefer the cream, especially the IsoSensual Curve). These help in stimulating the fat storage in your buttocks, while the exercises build the muscle.
- Meanwhile, during your butt building process, you can use these butt lifter panties to fake a big booty. These padded underwear comes handy when you’ve any upcoming party or occasion, where you want to appear with a sexy bottom.
- And, finally, perform these butt lift exercises that we mentioned below on a regular basis without fail.
The beauty of this approach is that you’ll not only get the results quickly, but also need not worry about the risks, as all these are natural methods.
Top 10 Bigger Butt Exercises to Get a Rounder Booty at Home
Listed are the most effective buttocks workout that have been proven to work your glutes muscles naturally.
P.S: You may find a lot of YouTube channels promoting the butt lift exercises, but if you try to follow them all without a proper plan, then you’ll end up with either too muscular or disproportionate bottom. So, please get your details correct before following those online videos.
In this article, we’ll be discussing only the exercises that target your lower body muscles.
#1.Squats Exercise for Bigger Buttocks
Squats are one of the most effective exercises that maximizes your gluteus muscles and give you the desired results. However, there are different types of squats and you should know which type will maximize your buttocks size without hurting your booty.
Just have a loot at the picture above. That is how to do a perfect squat. Bend your knees properly and go deeper so that you’re engaging your gluteal muscles. Try to do at least 2-3 sets of 10 to 15 reps each for best results.
According to the experts, a squat is performed better only when you go deeper. This is because your gluteal muscles are more engaged when you go deeper. And so, if you don’t bend your knees properly, it is a mere waste of time and energy. It won’t have any effect on your gluteal muscles. Also, there is a myth that squats can hurt the knees and so are not recommended. But, the scientist have proved that it is not true. After studying the results of many people, they have come to a conclusion that performing the Squats doesn’t hurt the knees as long as you rest all /most of your tension on the heels, rather than the knees itself.
So, it is suggested that the people who wanted to achieve a bigger butt naturally can perform Squats, but they should go deep enough such that their thighs are kept parallel to the floor, which is the correct way of doing squats for bigger buttocks.
Also, do remember that if the squat position is too easy for you to perform, then it does more harm than good and so is useless. In such case, you should either go much deeper or attach a weighted belt or use dumbbells while squatting. This will enhance the effectiveness of your squat by putting enough pressure on your gluteal muscles. That being said, if you feel that your squat became easy, increase the intensity by adding weights. It is that simple. Remember that quality is always better than quantity. It is better to do 10 squats that are harder than 50 squats that are easy.
Never, ever give it up! The squats alone can make your butt bigger if you do it seriously with dedication. All the best 🙂
#2.Deadlifts for Glutes and Hamstrings
Romanian deadlift is one of the best exercises that target the glutes and hamstrings. You’ll need a loaded barbell to perform this workout.
- Stand straight on the floor with your feet touching. Bend forward up to the hips and grab the barbell bar with a shoulder-width grip.
- Raise your torso with the weight in your hand and return to the straight position. Remember that you should maintain the arch in your back all through the process, else you’d break your back muscle.
- Lower the bar in the same way you lifted it and let it touch the floor.
Do at least 3 sets of 8-10 reps each for bigger glutes and hamstrings.
#3.Lunges with Dumbbells (Inner Thighs)
Not just the gluteus muscles, these lunges will also work your inner thighs so that you’ll achieve a strong bottom. You’ll need a pair of dumbbells or a weight bar to perform this workout.
- Stand with your feet, hip-width apart and hold the dumbbells in both the hands.
- Take a step forward with your left leg (lunge), and your right knee should bend about to touch the ground (1 inch above from the floor).
- Keep your torso straight to the floor with the weights in your hand evenly distributed across your legs.
Stay in this pose for 30 seconds and repeat with the other leg. Try to perform these lunges for at least 3 to 5 minutes for better results. In case, you find it too easy, then increase the intensity by increasing the weights.
#4.Insane Butt Lift Workout Challenge
A] Leg Pulses and Circles (6 Minutes)
You can practice this workout on a mat. Place your right hand just above your hips (sides) and support your body weight on the knee along with your left hand. Ensure that your chest and hips stay forward, while the shoulders stay back.
- Lift your leg (in this case; right leg) and pulse for at least a minute without touching the ground.
- Next, keeping your leg straight in the air, draw clockwise circles for another minute.
- This time, draw counterclockwise circles for another minute.
Now, switch the sides and repeat the same steps with your left leg. On a whole, you’ve done around 6 minutes of the insane booty workout.
B] Grasshoppers (1 Minute)
Do you want an exercise that will tone your booty as well as lift it up? Then you should definitely try ‘Grasshoppers’, which is one of my most favorite bigger butt exercises.
- Lie down on your stomach with your chin rested on your hands and knees kept wide across your mat.
- Next, bring together your big toes and simply squeeze your bum up and down. Lift your quads upwards and downwards. You should practice this booty exercise for at least a minute.
So, you’ll need to allot just 7 minutes of your time for these two great butt lift workouts. This special butt routine can be practiced as many times as you’re comfortable. Experts suggest it at least 3 to 4 times a week (minimum) for better results.
#5.Kettlebell Workout for Bigger Bum
Well, this is not any different workout routine. All you’ll be doing is perform squats and deadlifts by making use of the kettlebell instead of the dumbbells or the bar in your hand.
You’ll need 2 kettlebells weighing 5 to 10 pounds each. This weight changes from one person to another depending on their fitness level.
- Kettlebell Squats
- Kettlebell Deadlift
Replace the regular weights with the kettlebells in your hands and perform each of the above exercise for at least 15 reps per leg. Watch the demo here.
#6.Yoga Exercises for Buttocks & Thighs
The beauty of Yoga poses is that you can perform them anytime and anywhere without worrying about having the equipments. Yoga uses your own bodyweight to increase the intensity.
A] Chair Pose or Utkatasana
This single Yoga exercise will tone your butt, inner thighs, core muscles, outer thighs and the glutes. Simply said, this chair pose helps your whole back region.
- Stand with your feet together, lift your arms up with palms touching each other, bend your knees and bring your entire upper bodyweight into your heel while bending. Gaze upwards and stay in this position for at least 8 to 10 seconds. You can repeat this for 1 to 2 minutes every day to firm your buttocks.
B] Dancing Siva
The pose actually looks like you’re dancing and hence the name. This yoga exercise will activate the muscles that support your legs and is also good for the triceps.
- Stand with your feet together, raise the left hand to your front, left leg on the ground, and raise the right leg backwards up to your shoulders and hold it with your right hand. Repeat this step using the other leg and hand.
C] Bridge Pose
Another wonderful Yoga pose for bigger butt that burns calories as well as relaxes your body. It engages your gluteus and core muscles.
- Lie on your back on the floor and keep your feet and hip wide apart. Lift your hips by pressing your feet to the ground. Stay there for 6 to 8 breaths and come down. Repeat this for at least 1 minute for best results.
#7.Running for Bigger Booty (Resistance Training)
Do you know that you basically utilize your gluteas muscles every time you speed jog or run. These buttocks muscles actually help a lot in thrusting your body move forward. However, running on a normal pace will make your bum leaner or smaller.
The best way is to use or attach a resistant parachute to your back while running. This will increase your intensity further and help you build your lower body muscles as well as burn more calories. If you want to tone your butt by running, then this is the best possible way. It may seem weird, but it does work.
First and foremost, you should use the elliptical machine when you hit the gym, as it will tone the muscles, especially that of your buttocks. This will serve dual purposes – you can build a nicely toned bottom and at the same time lose weight.
This exercise is very simple and includes basic up and down steps that targets your bottom muscles. Just play your favourite song and perform these step aerobics in sync with the beat.
These are good for toning your butt effectively. Stand tall with your feet together. Next, stand on your tip-toes, and then punch your butt. Hold in that position for at least 5 seconds and get back to the initial position. Repeat this for as long as you’re comfortable and enjoy the pain.
#11.Donkey Kick Exercises for Bigger Buttocks
When we say Donkey kick exercises, a lot of you may laugh. But, these aerobic exercises are very effective in shaping your hip and lower back areas. They are also known by the other names such as bent-leg kickbacks and quadruped hip extensions.
The good thing about these exercises is that you won’t require any special equipment to perform and are known to strengthen your gluteus muscles, thus making them one of the best exercises for bigger buttocks.
There are total 5 types of donkey kicks that you could perform every day to achieve firmer butt.
A] Basic Donkey Kick
- Get down on a mat with both your hands and knees touching it.
- Keeping your head straight, try to position our hands below your shoulders like in a pushup format and your knees and hips are kept aligned.
- Now, lift your right leg up, keeping the rest as it is. In this pose, your foot should point towards the ceiling. Stretch your foot as much as you can, without moving your body.
- Return back to the basic position and perform the same steps with the left leg.
- Try to perform at least 8 repetitions on both the legs.
B] Wall Donkey Kick
- Stand on your two hands with your back to a wall.
- Next, by keeping your hands should width apart and knees tucked beneath your hips, get down on your knees and hands. Do note that you need to put all your body weight on just the toes and hands.
- By keeping your body and hands in the same position, kick out so that your feet should touch the wall. During this time, you should not move your upper torso.
- Return back to the basic (original) position.
- You may repeat this exercise for at least 10 minutes in order to get better results.
C] Donkey Kicks with Dumbbell
- Get down on your knees and hands.
- By keeping your knees bent and putting your thighs parallel to the floor, lift your left leg. Place a dumbbell behind your left knee.
- Lift your left leg up and down (5 to 6 times).
- Next, shift the leg (right) and repeat this process.
D] Straight Leg Donkey Kick
- Get down on all your fours.
- By positioning your left knee and two hands on the ground, lift your right leg straight up (as much as you could).
- Note that you should bend the knees or move your hips. Then, bring your leg down and repeat the same with your other leg.
- Repeat this cycle for 15 times with each leg for maximum results.
E] Donkey Kick Exercise with Stability Ball
- Stand 1 foot away from the stability ball with both your feet touching each other.
- Bend down your upper body so that you can place your hands on the stability ball for support.
- By bending your knee at 90 degree angle, try to lift your left leg up and kick back straight behind you. Perform at least 15 to 20 kicks and then switch to your other leg.
- Repeat this multiple times for better results.
These donkey kick exercises work your core, lower back, legs and buttocks and hips. When you lift your leg, you’ll be activating three muscles, namely gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. So, when you perform these donkey kick variants daily, you’ll not only make your butt bigger, but also reduce fat and cellulite on your buttocks and legs.
#12.Sitting Exercises to Strengthen Buttocks Muscles
Img Credits: standingfit.com
You don’t have to run for a bigger butt, but simply sit in your comfortable position and practice these simple moves.
Take a deep breath (inhale) while lifting your left knee a bit. Hold your breath as long as you’re comfortable. Slowly, lower your left knee while exhaling. Repeat this process with your right knee. Inhale while lifting knee, exhale while lowering it.
B] Butt Squeezing
In a chair, sit straight with your feet glued to the floor. Next, squeeze your buttocks and thigh muscle and keep them contracted for at least 5 to 10 seconds. Get back to the initial stage; relax for 10 seconds and repeat the process again. It is suggested that you should do a minimum of 15 to 20 repetitions for better results.
C] Writing Alphabets
By sitting comfortably in a chair, lift/raise your left leg in the air, letting only your toes to touch the floor. Now, start writing any alphabets or numbers on the floor with your toes (your leg is still in the air and your muscles are in motion). Once you’re done with the left leg, repeat the same process with the right one.
D] Leg Circles
Sit in a chair, keeping your knees in 90 degrees. First, lift the left leg and make the circles, half in clockwise and the rest in anti-clockwise motion. While making circles, make sure you inhale and exhale. Do this for 5 minutes and then switch it to the right leg. Once you’re done with both the legs, then you can perform the same exercise with both your legs at a time for another 5 minutes.
P.S: All the above 4 exercises can be performed while sitting in a chair. You can also practice these bum workouts while browsing, traveling, in the office etc…
Well, these are the most effective bigger butt exercises that, if practiced regularly, will definitely make your bum bigger and rounder naturally. And as I said earlier, complement your butt lift workouts with good carbs and natural butt enhancement supplements for quicker results.