Are you an adventurous guy/girl who love the butt sex a lot? Then, it is highly advised to use the best anal sex lubricant as it helps in pain-free insertion of your penis into the anus of the woman.
You might be surprised to know that the Anal sex practice is not new and dates back to the beginning of our civilization.
Nearly 50 to 60% of the couple try the Anal sexual act at least once in their lifetime, but only a few lucky ones get it right. Since the anal and rectal tissues do not provide natural lubrication, many people find it extremely painful while doing so.
These anal lubes are also useful for gay men who find it difficult to insert their penis into their male partner.
So, it is always suggested to use a good lube for anal sex, if you’re interested in having the anal intercourse but worried about the pain. And, last but no the least, don’t forget to do enema before Anal sex as it makes things smooth.
Note: This guide is dedicated for those who’re trying out the Anal intercourse. If you’re new to this, then please read our guide on multipurpose lubricants for pain-free sex.
What is the Best Lubricant for Anal Sex? Silicone or Water Based?
The pleasure of anal sex depends mostly on the number of times you and your partner have done it earlier. The fresh couple will usually find it extremely painful than the experienced ones.
However, using the lubricant which is specifically made for anal sex can considerably lessen the pain, at the same time gives you pleasure, thanks to the texture & ingredients of the lube.
There are many people who mislead others saying that the water based lubricants are best for anal intercourse, due to its natural naming (water based).
But, as per the researchers, couples who used silicon based lubricant experienced more pleasure and less pain than those who tried water based lubes. Not just it! The silicon based lubes also last longer than their counterpart.
However, one should not use the silicone based lubricant on silicone toys as it could break them into pieces. By comparing the pros and cons of both, we can come to a conclusion whether silicon based lubricant is best for anal sex or not.
Water Based Lube for Anal Sex
- Since they’re water soluble, they give you a natural feeling (while is nice and comfortable).
- Most of them are made with Petroleum-free formula.
- Latex and Condom friendly.
- Can use with all kinds of sex toys including the silicone products.
- No alcohol and no fragrance (All natural)
- Easy to clean after the sex.
- Completely safe to use during Vagina sex and anal intercourse.
- Leaves no stain on sheets and lingerie.
- Needs frequent application as the water lube dries up quickly. However, a little saliva or water drops will activate the slipperiness of the lube and you can continue your romantic session immediately.
- Some people have reported signs of yeast infection after using a water lube. But, this can be avoided by purchasing either the CleanStream Anal lube or Passion Natural lube, which contain no glycerin or paraben.
- Can’t be used in water (bathtub or swimming pools or shower)
Silicone Based Lubricant for Anal Sex
- Designed for wild sex or aggressive anal penetration.
- Lasts longer than water based lubes.
- Best for women who can’t generate natural lubricant.
- Can be used in water and it don’t get wiped out.
- Can’t be used with toys, especially those made from silicone.
- A little tough to clean up but not impossible. You may have to use warm water and soap.
- Not for oral sex.
So, when you compared both the Water-based and Silicone-based lubes with one another, the winner obviously be the Silicone lube.
This is because it has more advantages over the other, when it comes to Anal sexual intercourse.
However, the lube type depends on the personal needs of the user.
Those who love to have anal sex more than twice or thrice may not find the water based lube useful as it gets dried quickly. Likewise, those who want to have sex just once won’t find the silicone lube useful as it is time consuming to clean the mess.
So, choose the type of lubricant according to your requirements.
Now, let us see the list of the best lubricants for Anal sex.
Top 10 Best Anal Sex Lubricants 2018
There are a wide variety of lubricants meant for Anal intercourse in the market. But, only a few could give you immense pleasure while inserting your penis into the Anus.
Well, below are few best Anal sex lubricants based on our personal usage and user inputs.
#1.Pjur Analyze Me Silicone Lubricant
Coming from the same brand ‘Pjur’, this is designed especially for people who love Anal sex act. However, it can also be used for vaginal & penile application.
It gives double-effect, thanks to the jojoba oil. The lube supplements the body’s natural lubricant and supports painless intercourse.
It may also be used as a massage oil and is compatible with latex, synthetic polyisoprene and polyurethane condoms.
- Lasts longer; No reapplication required
- Excellent for Anal intercourse
- Mild numbing
- Can use as a massage oil
- Not very easy to wash off
#2.Swiss Navy Silicone Anal Sex Lube
This silicone lube gives long-lasting lubrication and is ideal for both anal and vaginal sex, thanks to its smooth velvety and slick feel.
Unlike the other lubes, this product comes with a secure cap that prevents leakage and so is ideal to carry with you all the time.
It is odorless, tasteless and good for people with sensitive skin. It can also be used as a massage oil.
- Highest quality silicone
- Lasts long & gives slick & velvety feel
- Secure cap (no worries about accidental leakage)
- Texture is gritty
- The residue is a bit hard to cleanup
#3.Wet Platinum Pure Premium Silicone Lubricant
This silicone-based lubricant is a must-try lube if you have a sensitive skin, thanks to its high-grade hypoallergenic formula that leaves a skin moisturizing effect after the game is over.
It is odorless and non sticky. You can use it with latex-condoms or on bare skin without any issues.
The lube lasts longer and there is no need for reapplication.
- Lasts longer
- Very slick
- Bottle leaks sometimes
- Not very easy to clean
#4.Pjur Backdoor Relaxing Anal Glide
Pjur is a silicone-based anal lubricant that gives maximum slide and comfort, thanks to the all-natural jojoba oil.
The best quality medical formula is excellent for anal intercourse, irrespective of your experience with backdoor sex.
The lube is also called Gay lube as it is rated the highest by homosexual men.
It is hypoallergenic, latex condom safe and is ideal for regular use.
- Dries slowly – lasts longer
- Excellent for noobs
- Mild numbing
- Some people might find it too thick
- A bit messy (a con of all silicone-based lubricants)
#5.Penchant Premium Silicone Lube
This intimate lubricant from Penchant Premium is excellent for both men and women with sensitive skin.
Since, the gel is made without parabens or glycerin and hypoallergenic, it is ideal for both vaginal and butt sex.
The lube is made in the USA and FDA 510k accepted. It is safe to use with condoms and easy to cleanup (leaves no stains).
- Lasts longer than water-based lube
- Leaves no stains & easy to cleanup
- No glycerin or parabens used
- Condom safe
- Cap leaks
- Little pricey
#6.Passion Lubes Anal Desensitizing Lube
This is a water-based, but long-lasting lubricant that is ideal for use while doing backdoor sex. The extra strength formula give you comfort and enables numbness (due to lidocaine) at the same time.
It is easy to cleanup with just normal soap and water.
- Long-lasting when compared to other water lubes
- Compatible with all toys and condoms
- Mild numbness
- Easy to cleanup
- Some people feel it too sticky
- Not for experienced users who practice anal sex more often, as it needs frequent re-application.
#7.System Jo H2O – Water-based Anal Lube
Be aware that water-based lubricants don’t last very long and need frequent reapplications. The same goes with the Jo H2o lube, but it is designed for anal intercourse and is aimed at beginners who might perform anal sex less frequently.
It is slippery and lasts longer than the regular water-based lubes. It is odorless, fragrance-free, tasteless and easy to cleanup.
It can be used with different types of toys and is condom compatible.
- Lasts longer than traditional water based lubricants
- Easy to clean
- Compatible with condoms and all toys
- Some people feel it a bit thin
- Despite being a water lube, it leaves residue.
#8.Cleanstream Relax Desensitizing Anal Lube
This is another water-based lube meant for anal sex. It has active numbing ingredient that gently numbs the anus so that you can enjoy a pain-free anal sex.
Compatible with toys, condoms and doesn’t dry up too quickly.
The convenient pump dispenser helps with easy application and comes with Lidocaine as active ingredient.
- Neither too thick nor watery
- Convenient pump dispenser
- Active numbing ingredient (pain free anal sex)
- Bottle may leak sometimes
- Very sticky
Available on Amazon.com
There ends the list of the best Anal sex lubricants that provide pain-less Anal intercourse experience.
How to Do Enema Before Anal Sex?
There are several reasons why you should clean your anal door before the anal sex, which include:
- A no-brainer: It’s hygienic and your man won’t get turned off when the fecal matter suddenly appears on his penis.
- It saves you from getting infections
- A well-cleaned anal intercourse is pain-free and lasts longer
Anal Douching sounds a bit scary, but honestly, doing an enema makes anal sex much easier and more pleasurable.
Anal Douching for Beginners
This is the reason why you should choose a enema kit that is made keeping women in mind, simple to use, easy to clean and lasts a long time.
I personally tried and also recommend the OTBBA Enema Douche Kit for Women.
The medical douche kit is soft, flexible and very comfortable to use. The narrow tip goes in easily. It also comes with a free water-based lubricant to ease the process further.
Just apply the lube on the tip while inserting into the anus to make it slide smoothly without causing any pain or discomfort.
The silicone medical douche is FDA certified, BPA free and is designed for women with smooth skin.
Things to Remember
- Although douching helps cleanup before anal sex, it is not recommended to do it more often. Just once or twice a week is good.
- Doing enema more often causes irritation to the colon wall, which causes problem to your natural rhythm.
The Correct Way to Do Enema Before Performing Anal Intercourse
Now, let us look in to the exact steps you need to follow to perform an enema all by yourself.
- First, go to the bathroom and flush your system naturally before using an enema. Don’t strain yourself. Just, take some time and let it flow naturally.
- Once done, clean the area with warm water using your finger.
- Now, fill the enema pouch (douche) with warm water (room temperature – not too hot or too cold).
- Next, apply some lubricant (provided with the kit) to the tip of the douche bulb.
- Gently slide-in the tip of the douche about an inch into the anus. Perform this over a toilet.
- Now, press the enema bulb and the water will start going inside your anus.
- Once all the water is sent into the anus, do not release the medical bulb as it would cause the dirty water get into the enema pouch.
- Without releasing the bulb, slowly remove the tip of the enema and let all the water sit inside the anus.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes for the leftover poop (residue) to soften.
- Finally, take out the bulb and go to the bathroom once again.
- Repeat this process once or twice until all the residue is flushed out and your anus is clean.