Don’t you have enough time to go to the Gym & perform the butt lift exercises? No worries! You can follow these Yoga poses for buttocks enlargement without stepping out from your home.
People consider Yoga for a variety of reasons. While some practice it for their general health, others do it to either to lose weight or increase their strength.
Yoga is one of the effective exercises that help in toning your body, especially the lower body, that too without using any equipments other than your own bodyweight. Besides toning, these Yoga poses help in strengthening your muscles and give your body flexibility, which cannot be accomplished with regular Gym workouts. Another great thing about Yoga is that it not only burns calories but also improves your metabolism.
Enough said about the benefits of Yoga! Now, let us discuss about the different Yoga moves to build a bigger butt.
P.S: Do remember that increasing your buttocks size through exercise or yoga generally takes some time (minimum 45 days to 2 months). But, if you’re looking for faster results, then you can complement your workout routine with the butt enhancement supplements and by eating healthy carbs for fat storage.
Things You’ll Need to Perform Butt Yoga Exercises
- An empty spot in your house, where no one will disturb you (kids, pup etc..)
- Yoga mat (A good quality yoga mat costs between $15 to 25)
- Yoga pants (you can get them starting $3 to $20 online)
Yoga Poses for Bigger Buttocks
There are a variety of Yoga moves for buttocks enlargement, but only a few are worth your time. So, I am listing only the most effective Yoga asanas that increase your buttocks naturally.
#1.Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
As the name suggest, the practitioner should position himself in a seated pose with both the hands raised upwards.
This particular Yoga asana helps in toning your butt by strengthening your core muscles (glutes). In fact, the whole back body will be put under pressure while doing this exercise, thus giving your a complete booty workout.
How to Perform Chair Pose or Utkatasana?
- Stand with your feet touching each other and slightly bend your knees.
- By dropping your hips, bring your complete upper body weight into your heel while bending.
- Now, lift your arms up, with both palms touching each other (like Namaste) and gaze upwards.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds or more and relax.
Perform this asana for a minimum of 1 to 2 minutes every day along with other workouts to firm your glutes.
This asana is excellent if you’re looking to work your upper booty. Also known as ‘Tricone Asana’, this exercises stresses on keeping your body and hips straight, while inhaling with your back. The combination of stretching and building glutes will help in firming your buttocks.
How to Perform Triangle Pose?
- Stand with your feet wide apart.
- Move your left foot out at a left angle and right foot in at a 15 degree angle.
- Align center of both legs at your heels, while pressing your feet on the ground firmly.
- Take a deep breathe in and while you breathe out, make sure you bend your body to the left, and right hand faced straight upwards and the left hand should be placed on the floor right next to your right foot.
- Try to stretch your muscles as much as you can, while maintaining the balance. Remember to breathe in and breathe out in a sequential manner while doing the exercise.
Repeat the same steps on the other side. Try to perform this asana for at least a minute or two.
This particular butt-building Yoga pose is excellent to burn calories and at the same time strengthen your buttocks muscles.
How to Perform Bridge Pose?
- Lie flat on your back while keeping your feet and hip wide apart.
- By using your feet as support, lift your hips in the air.
- Hold there for 5 to 8 breaths and repeat.
Do this Yoga exercise regularly for best results.
#4. Frog Pose
The name sounds weird, but this pose actually is one of the best hip opening yoga exercises. This buttocks pose stresses on widening your hips, thereby giving them flexibility to widen up.
How to Perform Frog Pose?
- Lay flat on your stomach on the floor.
- Keep your hands under your chin and spread/stretch your legs to your side, resembling the frog (see the image for better understanding).
- Make sure you lift your butt up to increase the intensity.
Stay in this position for 15 seconds and return back to the Shavasana. Repeat for at least 2 minutes.
#5.Half Moon Pose
Also known as Ardha Chandrasana, this standing pose helps in strengthening the legs, buttocks and hips. It is infact an extended version of the Triangle pose that we’ve seen earlier.
How to Perform Half Moon Pose?
- Stand straight with your feet together
- Bend forward with your right leg and left hand touching the floor, while the left leg is stretched backwards and right hand raised straight upwards.
- This forms the half moon pose. Take 5 to 8 breaths and repeat.
Follow this Butt yoga routine every day to grow your glutes.
This is one of the most popular Yoga poses that helps strengthen your arms, abs, shoulders, chest, legs and bum. This exercise stresses on bringing balance to your body.
How to Perform Warrior III Pose?
- Stand on one leg and lift the other at a right angle (backwards).
- At the same time, extend your arms straight and lean forward.
- Balance yourself in this position for a few seconds or as long as you can hold.
- Repeat the pose on the other side.
This Yoga bum exercise will not only help you grow a big booty, but also helps in toning your entire body.
This particular big butt Yoga pose is slightly challenging but more beneficial to your curves as well as your gluteus muscles. However, please be careful while doing this pose as it may cause undue strain to your back. Do it slow and steady. Don’t do it in rush.
How to Perform Camel Pose?
- Stand on your knees
- By keeping your thighs straight and hands on your butt, slowly bend backwards and touch your feet with the hands.
- Return back to the starting position.
Do this for at least 1 minute every day.
This dancing pose helps in activating the muscles in your legs as well as good for the triceps.
How to Perform Dancing Shiva Pose?
- Stand with your feet together
- Raise your left hand to your front, keep your left leg on the ground, and raise the right leg backwards up to your shoulders and hold it with your right hand.
- This forms the dancing pose. Take a few breaths and repeat on the other side.
Although, this dancing siva pose is not directly associated with your buttocks growth, it indirectly helps in shaping up the lower body, thereby giving your booty a plumpy look.
#9.Elevated Wide Squat (Goddess Pose)
This Yoga pose for big buttocks strengthens your torso to the maximum. It is excellent for hips, butt and upper body.
How to Perform Elevated Wide Squat?
- Stand with your feet together
- Step your left foot away from the right one
- Bend your knees until they’re directly above the ankles. In this position, sink your hips, lift your whole body with your toes (not feet).
- Raise your arms into the air and take 5 to 8 deep breaths
- Return to the normal position and repeat.
This particular exercise is excellent for improving the lower body strength.
#10.Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
Although, looks easy on the first glance, the salabhasana is actually very challenging. Do not perform this pose just after you’ve eaten as it will cause abdominal pain. Avoid doing this pose if you’ve a recent chronic back or neck injury.
This exercise strengthens your upper back as well as the lower body (legs, bum, thighs, hips etc…).
How to Perform Locust Pose?
- Lie on your stomach with your arms at your sides and chin resting on the ground or the yoga mat (if you’ve one).
- Place your hands below the hips in such a way that the palms touch the ground.
- Take deep breath and raise your head, upper body, thighs and legs off the ground.
- Next, raise your leg as high as you can and hold your breathe. Remain in this position with your weight on your belly. Hold it as long as you can.
- Exhale and return to the starting position.
You should aim to do at least 10 to 12 repetitions of this salabhasana for best results.